Sunday, January 8, 2012

Peanut butter cups























I've only recently stumbled upon the delicious American
sweet, Peanut butter cups. They seem to be popping up
in stores everywhere of late. I've become hooked on them
for a small treat and sometimes add a sprinkle of salt flakes
for an additional indulgence.

Luckily I saw Cupcakes and Cashmere ovely post on making
your own, as I had thought of making them but would have only
made it with the basic ingredients; chocolate and peanut butter.
It didn't even come across my mind of adding brown sugar /
butter that makes it sweet and smooth. So I'm glad I found this
recipe before I attempted them. 

The original recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
was easy to follow and my batch ended up looking just like
their pictures and tasted so good. My younger brother can't
get enough of them. They keep very well stored in air tight
containers in the fridge and also in the freezer. This way you
don't end up eating the whole batch and can savour them for
an afternoon treat.

No comments: